6 Things To Remind Yourself After Bombing
- Everybody Bombs. We all take it hard as comics when we bomb. You're not alone.
- You got feedback. It may feel harsh, but it's still helpful.
- It's not necessarily you. Maybe the crowd wasn't right for your style. If you were at an open mic at a coffee shop or a bar, perhaps you weren't the crowd's priority.
- Bombing isn't a reflection on you as a person. It's feedback on something you've written or performed. It doesn't have anything to do with your worth. You're not good or bad or right or wrong. It might feel embarrassing, but that's it. And again remember #1. Everybody bombs!
- It's part of the job of being a comic. Every job has good parts and parts we don't like. Bombing is the part of comedy no one likes.
- You grew. You did something brave. That's amazing!